This healthy avocado greek yogurt dip tastes amazing with veggies and chips or spread onto a sandwich. It features nutritious ingredients including avocado and plain Greek yogurt. Just blend everything together in your food processor to make this creamy dip in 5 minutes!
- 2 ripe avocados, cut in half and pits removed
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor fitted with an S blade.
- Blend everything together until smooth and creamy, with no lumps remaining. Scrape down the bowl once or twice if needed so everything is incorporated.
- Serve with your favorite veggies for dipping, chips, or crackers.
Can I make this dip without a food processor?
Yes! If you do not have a food processor, mash the avocado up very well, finely chop the cilantro, and mince the garlic. Then mix together the mashed avocado, Greek yogurt, chopped cilantro, minced garlic, lime juice, cumin, and salt with a spoon in a small mixing bowl, until well combined.You may also have luck making this dip in a blender, however, I have not tested it this way myself.
Storing avocado Greek yogurt dip
If you have leftover dip, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Try and store the dip in a container where the dip is filled to the top, to avoid too much excess air.
The dip may brown a little bit as it sits due to oxidation. It’s still perfectly fine to eat within 3 days! Just give it a stir and serve.
Keywords: avocado greek yogurt dip, greek yogurt dip