This turmeric roasted cauliflower recipe is a simple & healthy vegetable side dish that will be on the table in 30 minutes or less. Nutritious cauliflower florets are coated in olive oil, turmeric & seasoning, and are roasted in the oven until perfectly browned and caramelized. Turmeric cauliflower is a versatile side dish that pairs well with any weeknight meal!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp adobo seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Put cauliflower florets in a pile on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle turmeric, adobo seasoning, sumac, and salt on top of the cauliflower florets.
- Use your hands to toss the cauliflower in the oil and seasonings, so each floret is well coated and seasoning is evenly dispersed.
- Spread the cauliflower out on the baking sheet, making sure florets are not touching or piling on top of each other.
- Roast cauliflower in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Cauliflower will be done when the edges and bottoms are well browned and caramelized, and florets are fork tender but not mushy.
Recipe tip: Place cauliflower florets cut side down onto the baking sheet. You want as much surface area as possible in contact with the hot pan. This allows the maillard reaction to occur – which is a fancy term for browning, and which gives oven roasted vegetables their delicious caramelized flavor and aroma.
Got leftovers? Turmeric cauliflower can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can reheat it in the microwave, but my preferred method is in the oven. Spread cauliflower florets out on a pan and reheat for about 10 minutes at 350°F, or until warmed through. This helps the cauliflower maintain its original crispiness!
Can you roast frozen cauliflower?
Yes, you can use frozen cauliflower to make oven roasted cauliflower. While I have not tested it myself for this recipe, you’ll want to roast it right from frozen, without defrosting the cauliflower beforehand.
Toss the frozen cauliflower with olive oil and seasonings, put it on your baking sheet, and pop it right in the preheated oven! You may need to adjust cooking time slightly, so keep an eye on the cauliflower as it cooks.
Keywords: turmeric roasted cauliflower, turmeric cauliflower recipe, oven roasted cauliflower