You’re going to love these moist and flavorful egg bites with cottage cheese for a healthy breakfast or snack. Baked in the oven with a DIY steam bath, they have a soft, custardy texture (similar to the popular sous vide Starbucks egg bites)! Cottage cheese egg bites are simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and oregano and flavored with spinach and feta cheese.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese, preferably 4% or 2% fat
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- PREP: Spray a muffin pan with cooking oil or generously grease with butter. Fill a 9×13 glass or ceramic casserole dish halfway with water. Place the water dish on the bottom rack of your oven.
- Preheat oven to 325°F, with the water dish in the oven.
- Crack the eggs into a blender and add the cottage cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Blend for about 30 seconds, until completely smooth.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese, chopped spinach, and dried oregano to the blender.
- Secure the top onto the blender and shake a few times to evenly disperse the ingredients.
- Pour the egg mixture into the greased muffin pan, filling each about halfway full.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven on the middle rack, directly above the water dish.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until the edges of the egg bites begin to pull away from the pan, and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the egg bites.
- Enjoy warm!
Egg Bite Variations
Instead of spinach and feta cheese, try different combinations of vegetables and cheese:
- Vegetables: Use 1 cup of cooked vegetables such as bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, or broccoli.
- Cheese: Try half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese, goat cheese, low moisture mozzarella cheese, or gruyere cheese.
- Fresh herbs: You can add chopped fresh basil, dill, parsley, cilantro, or sage.
- Additional add ins: Olives, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, or banana peppers would all add tons of flavor!
Fridge: Store in an airtight container or tightly sealed baggie in the fridge for up to five days. Eat them cold or pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds or so, until heated through.
Freezer: Let egg bites cool completely. Tightly wrap them individually in plastic wrap. Store them in an airtight container or baggie in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat them in the microwave from frozen for about 1 minute, until completely warmed through.
Keywords: egg bites with cottage cheese, cottage cheese egg bites, copycat starbucks egg bites, starbucks egg bites recipe