This tuna salad recipe is an easy healthy lunch idea to make a sandwich, wrap, or put on top of a salad! Prepped in just 10 minutes, tuna salad with Greek yogurt is packed with high quality protein. Greek yogurt is a healthy substitute for mayonnaise in this recipe, and keeps the tuna moist and flavorful.
- 2 7-oz cans of white albacore tuna (or 3 5-oz cans)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt, 5% milk fat
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 petite dill pickles, finely diced (or 1 dill pickle spear, or 2 cornichons)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Drain water from cans of tuna. Transfer tuna to a medium mixing bowl.
- Use a fork to break up the tuna into flakes.
- Add the Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, dill pickles, fresh dill, and pinch of salt.
- Use a spoon to thoroughly mix everything together.
How to serve tuna salad
You can enjoy tuna salad in many ways!
- Sandwich or wrap
- On top of a salad
- With crudites and crackers
- Inside crunchy romaine or butter lettuce for lettuce wraps
You can prepare tuna salad up to three days in advance.
Store it in a tupperware or airtight container. Give it a stir before serving once you remove it from the fridge.
Can you freeze tuna salad? I do not recommend freezing tuna salad. It’s a high moisture food, so the water may separate when frozen, altering the texture.
Keywords: healthy tuna salad, healthy substitute for mayonnaise in tuna, tuna salad recipe with greek yogurt