Learn how to make perfect crunchy toasted pecans in the oven, on the stovetop, or in your air fryer. Toasting pecans makes them crunchier and more flavorful. Make a batch today to add to baked goods, yogurt bowls, salads, and more – ready in about 10 minutes!
- 1 cup whole raw pecans
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the pecans out on the parchment paper. Move them around so none are touching or overlapping.
- Toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until they are fragrant, crunchy, and one shade darker than they started.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat on the stovetop.
- Add the pecans to the skillet.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent the pecans from burning.
Air Fryer Method
- Arrange the pecans in your air fryer tray or basket, ensuring they are not overlapping.
- Put the tray or basket in your air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 225°F.
- Toast pecans for 10 minutes, checking halfway through and giving them a stir if some are cooking faster than others.
Note: Temperature and cook time may vary based on the model of air fryer you have.
Store toasted pecans in a glass jar or airtight container. The best place to store pecans and other nuts is in the fridge or freezer, which helps prevent the fat they contain from oxidizing.
If you don’t store nuts in the fridge, store them in your pantry or a cool, dark place. Toasted pecans should last about 3 months in the fridge or freezer, and 1 month in your pantry.
Keywords: toasted pecans, toasted pecans in the oven, air fryer toasted pecans, stovetop toasted pecans